our professional standards of practice
Before we agree to work with a client, we will forward a letter of appointment. This appointment simply means that we have agreed to work together and that both parties agree on the principles outlined in our Professional Standards of Practice and our Terms and Conditions.
Except in unusual circumstances, imageseven makes one free, introductory visit to a prospective client. Subsequent meetings are part of a billable assignment, unless both parties agree otherwise.
Client organisations should not ask for work to be done 'on speculation' - i.e., to have the assignment contingent on approval of the work. Speculative work is subject to widespread abuse, increases prices, and is otherwise unprofessional.
estimates and proposals
When sufficient information is provided, imageseven is expected to prepare a written estimate or proposal of assignment schedule, costs, and terms and conditions. When sufficient detailed information is not provided, it is the obligation of imageseven to say so. If information is unavailable, pricing should be based on an hourly labour rate with frequent reviews of time expended. No assignment should be started without a signed acceptance of the estimate or proposal, or a purchase order authorisation.
The client organisation has the right to expect that the price on an estimate or proposal, plus additional expenses and taxes, will be the invoiced price unless otherwise appended, verbally or in writing, before invoicing.
The client organisation should expect that any information or material provided will be treated confidentially, and that all reasonable efforts will be taken to safeguard it. If requested, imageseven will willingly sign a nondisclosure agreement.
conflict of interest
imageseven will not knowingly allow a conflict of interest to arise when working for clients who may be directly competitive. The client organisation recognises that imageseven may accept assignments from other companies in the same industry. Where there is concern about potential conflict of interest, the client should request clarification from imageseven.
Unless otherwise stipulated, every assignment is considered to comprise two equal sections: product specifics, market objectives, budget and approvals are the responsibility of the client organisation; conceptual approaches, creativity, management, and production expertise are the responsibility of imageseven.
It is the responsibility of imageseven to recommend what, in its professional opinion, is the best way to meet the client's objectives. Similarly, it is its responsibility to follow the direction, input, criticisms, and comments of the client organisation closely.
The final output of imageseven becomes, after payment, the property of the client organisation except in the case of illustration or photography, or where otherwise indicated. However, all preparatory materials (sketches, concepts not utilised, artwork, mechanical files, computer files, etc.) remain the property of imageseven.
It is the sole responsibility of the client organisation to review all material before production and to attest to its accuracy.
In accordance with accepted professional services practice, the client organisation is financially obligated for work done, whether or not it is utilised. In the unlikely event of unresolved dissatisfaction, imageseven will resign at the earliest possible date.
terms and conditions
- Image 7 Group Pty Ltd credit terms are 14 days net from date of invoice.
- The ownership of all goods and services supplied shall remain with Image 7 Group Pty Ltd until payment is received in full.
- Image 7 Group Pty Ltd shall be at liberty to charge interest at the prevailing bank overdraft rate on accounts not paid by the due date.
- Image 7 Group Pty Ltd shall reserve the right at all times to suspend the supply of further goods and services on credit to the applicant without prior notice.
- Image 7 Group Pty Ltd will provide the applicant with a monthly statement of account and that any dispute regarding charges made be immediately advised upon receipt of account by the applicant.
- In the event of dispute of any charges the applicant agrees to pay all other charges appearing on the statement of account pending an investigation and resolution of the charge or charges disputed.
- Should an overdue account have to be referred to arbitration/litigation/or collection by a debt collector all costs associated with such action will be borne by the applicant.