Insights into the world of school marketing and communications, presented by Charlie Maughan, Rita Kilroy and Jose Caceres.
In this episode, Charlie, Rita and Jose talk about Facebook’s decision to hide ‘likes’ and the science and reasoning behind it. In the Deep Dive segment, the hosts discuss TikTok and what school marketers need to know about this growing platform. The Question of the Week focuses on the difference between search volume and search traffic. In the Rants and Raves segment, the hosts discuss the recent battle between Vegemite and Marmite.
Listen to the podcast
- Facebook says it is testing removing the number of likes on posts so the platform doesn’t ‘feel like a competition’
- Headspace survey reveals social media the driving factor that leads to poor mental health in our children
- The science behind hiding likes on Facebook
- Mental Health Month shines light on student wellbeing
- Irreverent video-sharing app TikTok is quietly ramping up in Australia
- What’s making TikTok tick?
- TikTok revenue and usage Statistics (2019)
- Is TikTok safe for kids?
- The battle between Vegemite and Marmite thickens
Have a question?
Don’t forget that if you’ve got a question for Charlie, Rita and Jose you can send it through the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SurveyMonkey: https://imageseven.typeform.com/to/VQIz0PXK
- Twitter: @smc_podcast
Previous podcast episodes
To read the show notes and listen to all our podcasts: click here
Subscribe to our podcasts
To subscribe to the SMC podcast in Apple Podcasts: click here